Using the momentum generated through the City of Culture 2025 bid to renew and expand volunteering across Conwy, North Wales.
Total Spirit grant
Sep 2022 – March 2025
Amdani! Conwy (Go Conwy!) aims to harness the momentum generated through the City of Culture bid to develop volunteering in the area by re-engaging lapsed volunteers, diversifying the volunteer workforce, addressing gaps in provision, creating new types of volunteering opportunities, and developing volunteer infrastructure. The project is led by Conwy County Borough Council in partnership with Disability Arts Cymru, and Community and Voluntary Support Conwy.
Conwy is one of four locations which have been awarded a grant from the Volunteering Cities fund.
- More Deaf & disabled people contribute to decision making & take leadership volunteer roles in the cultural sector.
- People’s personal wellbeing increases through quality volunteering experiences.
- There is a stronger infrastructure for event volunteering in rural areas.
- People have a greater sense of belonging.
- People increase their skills & knowledge through volunteering.