Do it For Real was UnLtd’s youth programme funded by Spirit of 2012 and Comic Relief.
Do It For Real
Mobilising young people aged between 11-30 to start and grow sustainable social action projects, connecting social ventures with volunteers and mentors.
The project in numbers
Jan 2015 – Sept 2017
Do it for Real mobilised young people aged between 11 and 30-years-old to start and grow sustainable social action projects, connecting social ventures with volunteers and mentors.
The three-year programme which was a partnership between Spirit, UnLtd and Comic relief aimed to discover, motivate and support young volunteers and social entrepreneurs across the UK.
The programme consisted of five elements, offering a staggered development path for individuals and communities:
- Giving youth groups the tools they needed – We helped groups to set up their own community events through Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, and develop their ideas by applying for our support.
- Unlocking potential – We provided a package of support and £500 grants for young people to test out their projects to improve their communities.
- Support to start – We helped young social entrepreneurs boost their social impact of projects thanks to up to £5,000 in grant funding via local partners.
- Support to grow – We gave social entrepreneurs who were ready for create more impact up to £15,000 and expert guidance to grow.
- Local partners and volunteers – We worked with local partners and volunteers to help our young social entrepreneurs to thrive.